Chic Eyewear & Optometrists is a NZ-based business. We are bound by the Laws of New Zealand, including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1996. We aim to be open and honest in all our dealings, and to provide a top-quality level of service.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using the Chic Eyewear & Optometrists Website. By accessing this website you agree to these terms and conditions and are bound by them every time you use the site.
Copyright and Trade Marks
The information contained within this site (including site design, text, graphics, icons, images and logos) are the copyright of Chic Eyewear & Optometrists.
The Services and the content of this website are protected by Copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, as applicable and are provided solely for your own use. Republication or redistribution of any of the content available on this website by any means is prohibited.
- Chic Eyewear & Optometrists recognises that your privacy is very important to you as such your information will not be given to any third party without your consent.
- At times it may be necessary to share your personal information with other health professionals, such as eye specialists or your GP. This is only ever done in the interest of patient care, and not without your permission.
- We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease or otherwise share any personal information collected by our website, including contact forms, download requests or email lists.
- We collect information about how people are using our website in order to improve the value of our website and the materials available on the web site.
- In some cases we may contact you to verify personal details. This may include things such as confirming mailing address, billing address and prescription details. This helps us to ensure the data we have is correct and also to help prevent fraudulent use of personal details.
Your use of the information and data contained on this web site is at your sole risk. Any information and data is provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Chic Eyewear & Optometrists and/or its authorised agents be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of any of the information supplied herein, whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the said information even Chic Eyewear & Optometrists or an authorised agent has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
Links to Third Party Websites
This site may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties, which are not under the control of Chic Eyewear & Optometrists, as such we are not responsible for the contents of any linked website or any hyperlink contained in a linked website. These hyperlinks are provided to you for convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by Chic Eyewear & Optometrists. You link to any such website is entirely at your own risk.
We may modify these terms and conditions and change any content of this website at any time. These terms and conditions are governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the law of New Zealand and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
Please choose carefully as once the product has been purchased, we do not allow for it to be returned – unless the stock product we have supplied is incorrect. To return a stock product, including those from online purchases, make sure the goods are returned to us in original condition (including packaging) within 10 working days. Proof of purchase will be required. We are unable to provide refunds on custom-made goods such as spectacles. If you would like to return a product that was supplied incorrectly, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take things from there. Please note, we do not allow for exchange or returns due to change of mind.
Orders, Cancellations & Unpaid Accounts
Prescription spectacles are custom-made products. We normally submit an order for prescription spectacles to our optical laboratory supplier very shortly after your appointment is complete and an order has been placed with us. Once production of the lens has begun we will be charged by the optical laboratory, and are therefore unable to refund the cost of lenses at this point. This principle also applies to any other custom-ordered product.
If you are having difficulty paying for your glasses, please contact us so we can work something out. We are happy for you to pay your spectacles off gradually within reasonable timeframe, although unfortunately experience has taught us that we are unable to release the glasses until they are fully paid for. If glasses or another custom-ordered product are uncollected with money still owing, we will make every attempt to contact you to try and resolve the situation. If the order remains uncollected we may have no choice other than to dismantle the job and refer the debt to a collection agency. Please be aware that you will be liable for any fees charged by the collection agency in addition to the amount already owed to us.
Shipping & Deliveries
Most of our products are held in stock. If we run out of stock, they will need to be ordered in from our suppliers, so delivery may take anywhere from 2-7 working days. We will keep you advised of any delays.
For custom-made lens or spectacle orders allow 7-14 working days for production before dispatch. You will be notified upon dispatch.
All orders are sent via A5 sized track and trace courier bag. If the combined order requires bigger bag or a big box (that does not fit into the A5 bag) or additional bags, we will notify you of the extra cost before dispatch. If you require optional Saturday delivery, please type your request in the comments page and we will advice you of the additional cost involved.
Conditions of Use
- By creating an account with us and using our online services, you are accepting these terms and conditions.
- Valid contact lens prescription: You acknowledge that your contact lens prescription is valid, up to date and is exactly that which was prescribed by your optometrist. You also acknowledge that you have attended all the appointments and follow up appointments as recommended by your optometrist and that your current contact lens prescription is under 12 months old.
- Contact Lenses can be harmful to your eyes and you understand that if you use the contact lenses incorrectly, or use contact lenses that are not prescribed for you, it may result in harm or damage to your eyes or vision. You agree that you are cleaning your contact lenses in the manner instructed by your optometrist and with the solutions recommended. You further agree to visit your optometrist as regularly as is recommended. This is normally on an annual basis. If any problems occur such as pain, discomfort or blurred vision, you must remove your contact lenses immediately and consult you optometrist.
- Prescriptions from another optometrist: If your contact lens prescription is from another optometrist you authorize us to confirm your prescription with your optometrist.
- Order cancellation: Chic Eyewear & Optometrists reserves the right to cancel any order. If your order is cancelled, you will be notified by email and you will not be charged.
- Accurate information: You agree that all information provided when ordering and creating your account is correct. It is your responsibility to ensure your details are up to date when placing an order. You may not register under multiple identities.
- Applicable law: All parties agree that this agreement is governed by the law of New Zealand and that the law of New Zealand will apply to any dispute arising from this agreement or use of this web site.
- Shipping times may vary. We only deliver within New Zealand. If there is a delay in shipping you will be notified by e-mail.
- Returns: Any purchased item may be returned within 10 days. If the purchased item is undamaged and in its original condition and in its original packaging a full refund will be given. The cost of returning the item is at the purchaser’s expense.
All prices on site are in New Zealand Dollars and include New Zealand GST
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Direct Bank Transfers (via internet banking) – New Zealand Dollars Only
- To save you the cost of various transection fees from the banks, for all online purchases, we only accept payments via Direct Bank Transfers.
- Please ensure ALL deposits are referenced with your surname and order ID
- Credit Card – in-store purchase only
All non-rural deliveries attract a minimum shipping fee of $7.50. All rural deliveries attract a minimum shipping fee of $14.50
For Saturday deliveries or deliveries that require bigger courier bag – we will advise you the additional cost involved prior to dispatch via email.